The PTO’s Districtwide Family Directory is Going Online!
Register Your Family Today
Action is requested under the section titled READY TO REGISTER?
Every year the PTO publishes and prints a directory that includes all families in the Wayland Public Schools district. We will be taking that directory online in 2016-2017 with MySchoolAnywhere.
Here are a few things you should know:
- There will be no charge for access to the online directory.
- The district supplied the data for the printed directory, with the exception of e-mail address. (Parents could opt-in to have them included.) My School Anywhere will be 100% opt-in.
- Families will enter and manage their own data.
- An email address is the only requirement for registration.
- We hope to get every family signed up to have a complete directory.
- As we transition, we will still offer the printed directory for purchase for two more years. The cost will be $10 each. Details about how to order will be in the weekly e-blast once school begins.
Here are some of the benefits of an online directory:
- You can easily update and make changes to your account throughout the year.
- You control what contact information you want to share.
- You can easily donate to Gift Your Child or pay for PTO events (via PayPal) by accessing the shopping cart.
- New families to the district can be added mid-year.
- You will be able to sort the directory in many convenient ways, for example, by school, grade, teacher or even by a student’s first name within a particular grade or class.
- Each year, My School Anywhere will automatically “graduate” your child to the next grade. You can log in to update their teacher.
- This directory will have the capability to be printed.
- My School Anywhere is currently developing an app for your phone.
READY TO REGISTER?
- Go to: join.myschoolanywhere.com
- Enter the invitation code: wayland (all lower case)
- Follow the prompts and enter your information.
Please note, if there are two households involved for one child or siblings, both households can be listed in one account but one must be designated as the PRIMARY PARENT. The Primary Parent is the default parent in a family responsible for updating the family information. This parent will receive the confirmation email in preparation for back-to- school each year. Please coordinate with the other household as to who will be the primary.
When you register, you will be given the opportunity to donate to Gift Your Child. Should you choose not to donate at that time, just exit the screen. (For more information on Gift Your Child, be on the lookout for an orange envelope in your child’s backpack.) After you register, you will receive a confirmation e-mail stating your registration was received. You will receive a second email once the administrator approves and accepts your account. (For security purposes, the administrator will be confirming that anyone who applies to be included in the directory is, in fact, a family in our school district.)
For questions, contact the following administrator for your school:
- Happy Hollow: Rashmi Charry
- Loker: Jennifer Sheldon
- Claypit Hill: Vivian Lu
- Middle School: Amy Simmons
- High School: Amy Simmons
For information about the security features of MySchoolAnywhere, visit: