What We Do
The Happy Hollow Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is made up of all parents/guardians and teachers of Happy Hollow students. Together, our stated goals are to: 1) promote communication amongst the school community, and 2) through fundraising and volunteering provide support for activities and/or materials which directly contribute to the quality of education at Happy Hollow.
As an organization the PTO provides:
1) Financial and volunteer support of our teachers and specialists: Stipends are given annually, in addition to available wish list funding. The PTO coordinates Room Parents, Library and Art volunteers, and many other volunteers on an as-needed basis.
2) Enrichment Events, Activities, & Scholarships: Authors, musicians, and artists are brought in on an ongoing basis at both Happy Hollow to provide cultural enrichment for our students. The Just Like Me program at Happy Hollow teaches awareness and acceptance of others. The costs of grade-level field trips and activities are regularly offset by PTO funds and scholarship funding is made available to the Principal.
3) Student activities: The PTO runs many of our community’s favorite annual events, including Halloween Movie Night & Talent Show at Happy Hollow, Bingo Night, World’s Fair, school pictures, and book fairs.
4) Informational and Community Building Events: Coffee with Mr. Lee, Curriculum Nights, The Garden Team, and school picnics are all supported by the PTO.
What You Can Do
There are many ways that you can support your child’s educational experience through the PTO:
1) Sign up for emails from your school via the Listserv. This is the primary means of communication for the school administration and PTO.
2) Gift Your Child – The PTO fundraises using a direct donation campaign in the fall, which saves you time and maximizes benefit for PTO. You will be asked to contribute $100 per child in elementary school, which approximates the amount that that PTO spends annually per child. In the spring our teachers, staff, and community participate in Gift Your Child by offering fun and meaningful items up for auction; an annual favorite!
3) Volunteer – Whether you have a little time or a lot, there is a volunteer position for you! Visit our Calendar of Events pages for full listings of PTO events and volunteer opportunities at Happy Hollow.
4) Participate – Catch up with old friends and meet some new ones at one of our Welcome Coffee. And check out our Save the Date list of events!
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities with the Happy Hollow PTO.
Jennifer Pearlman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Hollow PTO
c/o Happy Hollow Elementary School
63 Pequot Road
Wayland, MA 01778